Office: (801) 352-9500 | Toll Free: (877) 352-9520
Hospital based physicians present unique billing and practice management challenges. With no on-site support staff to handle the posting of charges and payments or performing needed insurance and patient follow up, it becomes necessary to partner with a billing and practice management solution that can handle these functions. Med USA offers such a solution and much more.
For the hospital based physician Med USA offers it's Platinum Service. This is our most comprehensive full service solution. Med USA's billing experts will manage all aspects of your accounts receivable from beginning to end, including insurance billing, reimbursement tracking, patient inquiries, and follow up. Med USA will take the headache out of your accounts receivable.
Platinum Service Highlights
Complete A/R Management
Complete A/R Management is what differentiates Platinum Service from Gold and Silver. Med USA's staff will handle these functions, many of which can be tailored to fit your individual practice.
• Manual Posting or Automated Download
ο Patient Registration Verification ο Point of Service Payment Posting
ο Rules/Halt Warnings - non-participating provider, billed amount lower than payer allowable, and more.
• Charge Capture Verification - Billed Patients vs Patients Seen Discrepancy Reporting
• Claim Submission
• Review of Rules Fusion Edits - Ensure clean claim submission the first time.
ο CCI Edits ο LCD and NCD Edits
ο Demographic Verification ο Provider Information Verification
ο Customizable Edits ο Payer Specific Rules
Reimbursement and Payer Management - Dedicated highly trained staff performs follow up.
• EOB Follow Up / Denial Management • Insurance Follow Up - Incoming / Outgoing Calls
• Unpaid Claims Follow Up • Payer specific follow up time periods.
• Patient Calls - Incoming / Outgoing Calls • Delinquent Calls
• Online Payment Portal - Branded for your clinic. • Patient Assistance With Payers
• Patient Statements & Delinquent Notices
ο Paper and Electronic ο Tailored 30, 60 and 90 Day Statement Messages
ο Automated Forward Address Updates ο Bad Address Skip Tracing Using NCOA
• EOB - Insurance Payment Posting • ERA - Electronic Remittance Advice Posting
• Immediate Denials and Rejections Follow Up • Payments Reconciled to Payer Allowable
• Rules / Halt Warning; payment is below contracted amount, write off exceeds standard amount and more.
• Bank Deposits • Lock Box Integration
• Retrieval and viewing of all documentation posted to patient accounts.
For more information contact our Client Relations Department.
Toll Free 877.352.9520
All Med USA Services Include
Scheduling/Front Office Package
• Intuitive calendar - single & multiple physician view. • Quick scheduling of repeat appointments.
• Automated Receipt Posting • Training - Fundamental to Expert
• Automated Eligibility Verification • Individual Physician Templates
• Rules/Halt Warnings missing phone number, duplicate accounts and more.
Interactive Provider Participation System
This program can be seen throughout the MedPrime software. We integrate each physician's credentialing status with each payer, into both front and back office functions. This ensures that staff is aware of a physician's status when scheduling appointments, as well as when they are posting payments.
EDI Submission & Maintenance
• Daily Claims Submission • Electronic Claims Submission and Setup
• ERA - Electronic Remittance Advice • Electronic Submission of Secondary Claims
Email or Text Practice Management Information
Schedule practice overview reports to be sent directly to you via text message or email. Practice Overview reports can include the following; number of encounters, charges, payments, A/R balance or even your daily schedule.
Complete Practice Management Reporting
All MedPrime reports are available on demand and many are provided in customizable month end reports. Reports examine each phase of the Scheduling, Front Office, Billing, Reimbursement/Aging, Executive and Employee Monitoring. Custom reports are also available; see ancillary services.
MedPrime, Med USA's proprietary practice management software, was developed and implemented to meet the needs of our own billing services operation. It is updated on a daily basis with the every changing needs of the industry as well as the individual practice.
• Help Desk Support
• Upgrades Included
Hardware, Data Security & Backup System
• IBM™ i operating system • Power System Server
• Handle High Volume of transactions • Via West Collocation
• Systems backups nightly and stored in two secure offsite location.
Med USA commitment to healthcare compliance is embodied in our compliance program, Excellence in Action.
Transitional A/R Management Services
Realizing that your practice needs can change very quickly, Med USA offers a very unique solution to more easily manage your reimbursement processes. Our Transitional A/R Management allows your practice to move between Silver, Gold and Platinum Services. If your practice unexpectedly looses your billing employee, Med USA can move you to a Platinum Service until you retain a new employee. This flexibility offers peace of mind regarding your accounts receivable management during transitions in your office staff.
• Payer Credentialing Services • Custom Programs & Reports
• Prior A/R Conversion & Collection • Email and Text Daily Schedule
• Automated Appointment Reminder Calls, Email or Text Message
• Integrated Partner Programs
ο EMR/EHR Interface ο Coding Interface
ο Lab Company Interface ο Hospital System Interface